Highlands Behavioral Health System is offering a mental health day treatment program for children and adolescents (ages 9+).
Day treatment is also referred to as a partial hospitalization program, or PHP. PHP is beneficial for patients who are in need of
treatment and intervention that is more intensive than traditional outpatient but less restrictive than inpatient hospitalization.
The program is Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4pm. Patients return home every evening. Patients generally stay in the
program an average of two weeks depending on their individual needs.
- Treatment team consisting of Psychiatrist, Nurse and Therapist
- Psychiatric Assessment and Treatment
- Comprehensive Psychosocial Assessment
- Group Therapy – CBT, DBT, coping skills, problem solving, healthy habits,
grief & loss, anger management, boundaries, communication skills
- Medication Management
- Psycho-educational Therapy
- Recreation and Art Therapy
- Family Meetings and Discharge Planning
Conditions Commonly Treated:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Psychological Trauma
- Reactive Attachment Disorder